"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." ~ Steve Jobs
As life brings about changes, challenges, and it's daily up's & down's, there is always one thing to remember, "Always Be Yourself".
Your life choices, decisions, & actions should reflect on your beliefs and true character. Everyday should be a representation of your beliefs. Do not get caught up in the trends/crowd, make a statement for yourself and stand out from the crowd. This is your life, your time, your choices.
It is important to support and have those that support you in your life. But you must also ride the energy of your own unique spirit. Be strong, be determined, be unique in your own way. Have faith in your own ability, for you alone can create and live the life you choose. This is your time, your life, do not live your life to meet someone else's satisfaction. Live it out.. to reach your own beliefs, dreams, and goals. If you are constantly trying to prove yourself to others and live up to certain expectations, you will lose your "real self" along the way. But if you give each chance and opportunity in life everything you got, and have no regrets, then your "loved ones" around you should be proud no matter what the outcome is.
"Don't dare to be different, dare to be yourself, if that doesn't make you different then something is wrong."
~ Laura Baker
The time is now to stand out, be unique and stand up for what you believe in.
- Think for yourself (Your choices and decisions should be your "own")
- Don't be swayed by the crowd (Your not really missing out on anything)
- Take chances/risks and work hard. (Without failure nothing new can be gained and it is only those who are willing to take risks and to work hard at their dreams who eventually break through and succeed.)
- Do things differently (Change things up every once in a while)
- Have good manners (Politeness opens doors and keeps them open)
- Do what you'll say you do (Reliability makes you memorable)
- Show initiative (Take action while everyone else stands back)
- Be attentive (Give someone your attention, and you will receive it in return, it won't hurt to put away the cell phone or laptop for awhile)
- Remind people how great they are (Regularly single out people in your life, from the workplace to home, to remind them how great they are. Take the time to acknowledge the people in our lives whom we take for granted)
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~ Dr. Seuss