"Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure." ~ Oprah Winfrey
"One hour’s meditation on the work of the Creator is better than seventy years of prayer." ~ Muhammad
Live In The Moment, But Give Thanks To The Present...The Gatsby Life encourages you to live in the moment, live spontaneously, live in the now. Past posts have emphasized these themes on both a small and large scale. "The Possibilities Are Endless", "Time To Fly..." & most importantly "Start The Machine" posts. I truly believe you should live in the moment, plan when only (*necessary/important), & truly seek out LIFE every other chance you get!
But before you do this, I believe you must be at peace with yourself and God. I encourage you to try out these tips and ideas starting tomorrow morning. Get in a routine/habit of taking 5 to 10 mins in the morning while you enjoy that cup of coffee or tea and meditate to be "at peace" with yourself and God before you head off to work/class for the day. What exactly is meditating? How do you meditate? It's pretty simple, the great thing about meditating is that there is no right or wrong way to do it. It isn't just one thing or one type. It can be any way you want to do it and you can get whatever you want out of it also!
"Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them - that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like." ~ Lao Tzu
Here's how you will truly live a peaceful, more enjoyable life everyday!
- Find a spot you love, that makes you comfortable, whether it be outside or inside, sitting, laying or standing. Just take this 5 to 15 minutes every morning and/or night to clear your mind before you start off on your busy day.
- Let go off all of yesterday's problems and today's future worries and just don't think.
- Breathe Deep and Let it Out
- Now Stare out and Let your mind clear out
- Let God Speak to You, (you don't have to do all the talking, I encourage you to do none at all actually!)
- Don't think of what today may bring, but instead think of the Good things & memories that you have in your life up to this point.
- Then all that is left is to say: "Thank You, God"
- Now you will be ready for whatever life/work/etc presents itself today.
You should have some routines in life, routines can be a good thing, but too many can dull life down. Break away and step out of past habits, live spontaneously every now and thing, and never miss a chance to seize an opportunity that you wish to pursue.
Never Slow Down With Your Dreams, Hopes, & Loves.
"Prayer is when you talk to God; meditation is when you listen to God." ~ Diana Robinson
The Gatsby Life encourages you to live your life in the most spontaneous, heart-filled, enthusiastic way you possibly can. Never slow down with your dreams, hopes, & loves. Live everyday in the most positive, inspiring way you can. Don't take time for granted. Its limited. Truly try to take in the best from every moment. And always remember the One Routine you should always practice, which is taking time to meditate, reflect, not speak, but listen to God, clear your mind, erase your worries every morning/night to better understand the bigger picture; the picture we call "Life"
"Ultimately spiritual awareness unfolds when you're flexible, when you're spontaneous, when you're detached, when you're easy on yourself and easy on others." ~ Deepak Chopra
"Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." ~ John F. Kennedy
I have a sense we'll be alright...